Rep. Fredrick J. Love of Little Rock is serving his fourth term in the Arkansas House of Representatives. He represents District 29, which includes part of Pulaski County.
For the 91st General Assembly, Rep. Love is served as Vice Chair of City County Local Affair Committee and is the ranking committee on the House Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee. He also serves on the Arkansas Legislative Council where is serves as on the PEER subcommittee and the past President of the Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus.
During the 90th General Assembly, Rep. Love served on the Joint Budget Committee, the committee for Public Health, Welfare and Labor, the committee for Insurance and Commerce and the Joint Committee on Advanced Communications and Information Technology. Rep. Love is Chair of Joint Budget Committee – Peer Review, Chair of the House Insurance & Commerce Financial Institutions Subcommittee, and the Co-Chair of the Joint Desegregation Litigation Oversight Subcommittee.
A graduate of Joe T. Robinson High School, Mr. Love, earned a bachelor’s degree in political science, a master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He has also earned a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Public Health from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and attended the Harvard Kennedy School for Senior Executives in State and Local Government.
Rep. Love is the Director of Community Services for Pulaski County. He is a member of the board Economics Arkansas and the Arkansas Discovery Network. He also serves on the Pulaski County Child and Youth Services Advisory Board, where he is parliamentarian. He is also the Past Master with the Prince Hall Masonic Order.
Rep. Love and his wife, ShaRhonda, attend Greater Second Baptist Church. They have a son Fredrick II.
- 2013 AR State Employees Association- State Representative of the Year
- 2013 National Black Caucus of State Legislators- State Chair Award
- 2013 AR Municipal League- Distinguished Legislator Award
- 2014 Arkansas Business 40 under 40
- 2014 Community Development Institute- Friend of Community Development Award
- 2015 Friends of Haven of Rest Cemetery- Outstanding Community Service Award
- 2015 AR Citizens First Congress- Legislative Champion Award
- 2015 AARP Capitol Caregiver Award
- 2016 Pulaski County Champions of Youth- Public Service Award