- June 3 – From Fireworks to Fall Festivals: https://vimeo.com/449774010
- June 10 – CEO Small Business Panel: https://vimeo.com/447559831
- June 16 – Benefits of PPP Post-Pandemic: https://vimeo.com/450198255
- June 24 – Face of Healthcare Post-Pandemic: https://vimeo.com/449818382
- July 14 – Arkansas Two-Year Colleges – Workforce Education Panel: https://vimeo.com/449774545
- July 22 – BIPAC – Politics, Pandemic, Predictions: https://vimeo.com/449805329
- August 3 – Mastering Virtual Meetings: https://vimeo.com/449722388
- August 11 – Running Virtual Meetings: https://vimeo.com/447826056
- August 13 – Back to School, Work & Back Home to Quarantine: https://vimeo.com/447839776
- August 18 – Growing Business Using Digital Strategies: https://vimeo.com/449723056
- August 18 – Return to Live Events: https://vimeo.com/449723521
- August 27 – U.S. China at a Crossroads: https://vimeo.com/461020500
- September 10 – Covid-19 and DOL Updates: https://vimeo.com/461032546
- September 16 – Ready for Game Day: https://vimeo.com/461061302
- September 23 – Arkansas Ready for Learning Update: https://vimeo.com/461072111
The Arkansas Tax Conference, presented by Dover Dixon Horne PLLC, which will be held from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 17th in the Wally Allen Ballroom of the Statehouse Convention Center in Little Rock.
This event brings together senior administrators, in-house experts, and leading practitioners for an in-depth look at Arkansas taxes, how COVID-19 has impacted the tax landscape, and what’s to come in 2021. Register Now!
We would also like to thank and recognize our other sponsors:
Gold – Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP and Landmark Certified Public Accountants.
Silver – Salt Group of Arkansas
COVID-19 Statement: Due to social distancing requirements, space will be limited to 75 attendees at this event. All state and CDC guidelines will be observed and face masks will be required.
All attendees will be asked to sign a health attestation and liabilty waiver upon check-in the day of the event.
A virtual option is available to attend the event, however CPE/CLE credit will NOT be available for virtual attendees.
Virtual attendees will receive a personalized link via email the day before the conference.
At this conference, participants will:
- Consider recent legislative and administrative developments for Arkansas taxes and incentives.
- Focus on in-depth issues surrounding targeted industries and tax types.
- Engage with senior administrators and leading practitioners about significant Arkansas tax issues and trends.
- Topics covered to include: COVID response & other major developments, sales tax, income tax, property tax, legislators’ roundtable, and lunch speaker from DFA.
Who Should Attend?
- In-house tax leaders (CFO, controller, tax director, etc.)
- CPAs and other tax professionals
- Tax Attorneys
- Business executives with questions about their business taxes
Registration & Pricing
In-Person Member Pricing – $175 for ASCC/AIA Members
In-Person Non-Member Pricing – $275 for Non-Members
Virtual Member Pricing – $125 for ASCC/AIA Members
Virtual Non-Member Pricing – $225 for Non-Members
Refunds and Cancellations
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by Tuesday, November 10th and will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Unless COVID-19 related, no refunds will be granted after November 10th.
For more information regarding refunds, complaints and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 501.372.2222.
Additional Information & CPE/CLE Credit
Program Level: Intermediate
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Live
Area of Study: Taxes
No course prerequisites and no advance preparation required.
CPE Credit: 6 hours CPE credit are available in the Taxes area of study. No CPE credit is available for virtual attendees.
CLE Credit: 5 hours of General CLE credit is available. No CLE credit is available for virtual attendees.
Program provided in accordance with the AICPA/NASBA Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programs.
Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce is a member of the Arkansas State Roster Program. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
Please contact Bill Watson to select your sponsorship package – 501.802.1740.
The Governor’s Quality Award program will hold training for 2021 applicants beginning on Oct. 20. Training is offered for the following GQA awards: Challenge (Level 1); Commitment (Level 2); Achievement (Level 3); and Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence (Level 4).
All award levels include a feedback report with strengths and gaps prepared by examiners, who are trained industry experts from across Arkansas.
Assistance is available to help you write your application at the Applicant Training Workshops. The Governor’s Quality Award Program uses the Baldrige Excellence Framework, a set of 200 potential questions that set the highest benchmark for organizational excellence.
Tuesday – October 20 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Applicant Training I – Organizational Profile and Basic Baldrige Concepts (All Award Levels)
An Organizational Profile is required at all levels of award. Learn how to write your Profile and discover the impact it has on everything your organization does strategically. Applicant Training includes assessing your organizational maturity for processes and results. This training is for applicants at all levels of award and is the requirement at the Challenge award level.
Wednesday – November 4 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Applicant Training II – Identifying Key Processes for Success (Commitment Level)
In this workshop you will learn how to write a Commitment Award level application by assessing overall processes in the seven categories of Leadership, Strategy, Customers, Knowledge Management, Workforce, and Operations. This training is for Commitment level applicants.
Thursday – November 5 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Applicant Training II – Identify Mature Processes for Success (Achievement/Governor’s Levels)
Identify key processes in your key work systems and assess their effectiveness through evaluation in the six categories of Leadership, Strategy, Customers, Knowledge Management, Workforce and Operations. This training is for Achievement and Governor’s Award applicants.
Thursday – December 10 – 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Applicant Training III – Prove Success through Results (Commitment/Achievement/Governor’s Levels)
This workshop focuses on determining key measures, their metrics and how they are used to improve processes for greater output. This training is for Commitment, Achievement, and Governor’s Award applicants.
To register for any or all of the training session, click here.
For more information, contact Trish Villines – 501-372-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Lunch is provided for Applicant I and Applicant II trainings.
Social distancing protocols will be followed. Masks required and Arkansas Department of Health guidelines in place.
Leadership Arkansas Class XV kicks off with an Orientation Session Sunday, Sept. 20 – Tuesday, Sept. 22 at the Fairfield Bay Conference Center in Fairfield Bay. The session is sponsored by Gar-Bro Manufacturing Co.
Other scheduled sessions include:
Session II: Education & Workforce, Oct. 15-16, Batesville
Session III: Agriculture & Outdoor Life, Nov. 16-17, Jonesboro
Session IV: Government & Military, Dec. 8-9, Little Rock, North Little Rock & Jacksonville
Session V: Natural Resources, Defense & Industrial Development, Jan. 11-12, 2021, El Dorado, Magnolia & Camden
Session VI: Economic Development and Infrastructure, Feb. 18-19, 2021, West Memphis & Blytheville
Session VII: Tourism, History & Revitalization, March 11-12, 2021, Hot Springs
Session VIII: Regional Development, April 21-25, 2021, Northwest Arkansas
Session IX: Leadership, Planning & Graduation, May 20-21, 2021, Little Rock