Don Gooch is the Regional Director of Community Banks for Arvest Bank. Don has been with Arvest since 2001, when he started in Oklahoma City as a Business Development Officer. In January 2004, Don Gooch became the President of Arvest Bank in Duncan, Oklahoma.
Don was asked to be the President for the Hot Springs, Arkansas, market in June of 2008. Arvest has 6 branches in Garland County with over $285 million in assets in the Garland County market and employs over 60 people.
In September 2001, Don then transitioned to his current role as Regional Director of Community Banks where has worked with Community Bank Presidents in Southwest Arkansas, Saline County, Conway and Morrilton, and the Jonesboro area.
Current or Previous Community Roles:
- Big Steam Music Festival Board Member
- Board of Director for the National Park Medical Center
- 2019 Chairman of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival Board – (2016)
- Vice-Chair of the Hot Springs Sister City Foundation Board (2014-2016)
- Current Board Member and Past Chairman of Fifty for the Future – (2014)
- Active Rotarian since 2004. Don is on the Board of the Downtown Rotary Club of Hot Springs, and will serve as President of the club in 2017-2018.
- Garland County Waterworks and Sewer Facilities Board (Hot Springs Village) – (2016)
- Currently serves as a Board Member of the Hot Springs Metro Partnership and served as Chairman of the Board (2013)
- Named the Shamrock King for the 1st ever 12th annual world’s shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade (2015)
- Chairman of the Board of the Garland County United Way (2012)
- Chairman of the Board of the Hot Springs Music Festival (2011)
- Named Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce Man of the Year (2012)
- Member of the Executive Board of the Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce (2013-2016)
- Chair for the Walk for Kids-which benefitted the Ann and Nick Tillman project for First Step (2010)
- Chairman of the Duncan Area Economic Development Foundation Board (2007-2008)
- Co-Chairman of the Dream Duncan’s Destiny Project (2006-2008)
- Served as a Trustee for the First Christian Church of Duncan (2006-2008)
- Past-President and Board member of the Duncan Community Fund (2004-2007)
- Past-President of the March of Dimes Campaign in Duncan, Oklahoma (2005-2006)
- Selected as a member of Class XXI of the Leadership Oklahoma Program and traveled around the state to meet with lenders about Health, Education, Agriculture, Tourism, and Economic Development.
- Wife – Dana Gooch
- Children – Scarlett (21) and Georgia (20)
- Member, First United Methodist Church